Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 5. Love, fishing, never stop being a kid.

A lot of folks can hook a fish. The master knows how to reel it in.



The above phrase came from the realization that thoughts are creative.  When I think of something, I am literally creating the possibility of experiencing that something.  To turn the possibility into actuality I simply need to draw that something close to me and experience it.  In my mind I visualized thoughts popping up like bubbles in space--the possibilities.  And then if I want to experience that possibility, I lasso it, and draw it near, thus experiencing it.



I (we) are getting a dog.



You've probably heard that if you want to see the way the human body was designed to run or walk--watch a child run or walk.  Or maybe you've heard that if you want to hear liberated laughter, watch children play.  And if you want to feel perfectly relaxed sleep, hold a napping baby.  So how come we progressively demand of children that they no longer be perfect demonstrations of designed functionality?  Somewhere along the way from childhood to adulthood we rob children of their inherent balance, ease, relaxation and grace.  We teach them the way of adults, leading them down the path of becoming increasingly stiff, tense, apprehensive, and limited.  Why do we teach them to be small?  To "fit into" the world?  Let's teach them instead to expand, without bound.  Let's teach them that they can shape the world in their own image.  Imagine a world shaped by children.  Our world is run by adults.  No wonder it's a mess.  We need some more children in charge.



The fly who wasn't afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment